Cushing House: Difference between revisions
FaffingFia (talk | contribs) made the page! |
Summarized rooms |
||
| (4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown) | |||
| Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
{{Construction}} | {{Construction}}{{Wikipedia}}{{Infobox house|image=Cushing House, Vassar College, February 2015.jpg|caption=Cushing in February 2015|capacity=202<ref>https://offices.vassar.edu/residential-life/residence-halls/cushing/</ref>|year built=|color=Purple (formerly Red)|mascot=Dinosaur|yearbuilt=1927}} | ||
'''Cushing House''' is one of the nine main residential houses on Vassar Campus. It was built in 1927, making it the second newest dorm after its neighbor [[Noyes House|Noyes]]. The building is named after Florence Cushing, the first Aluma to be a member of the Board of Trustees. | |||
Cushing has three full floors plus a small tower. Their House Team all campus event is the Cushing Carnival, which occurs in April. | |||
== Contents == | |||
=== West Basement === | |||
Cushing House has separate basements in the two wings of the building because the central part of the first floor is lower than the wings. The west section has a laundry room and a bike storage room, as well as many janitorial and storage rooms. | |||
=== East Basement === | |||
The east portion of Cushing Basement has a second laundry room and many club storage closets. | |||
==== Outing Club Closet (Room 021) ==== | |||
[[Outing Club]]'s storage space is the first door on the right in Cushing East Basement. It is where the club keeps their outdoors gear, including backpacks, tents, sleeping bags and a variety of other things. In the 2010s, this room was the Outing Club's Meeting Room, while room 011 was their storage room, two doors down. The Climbing Club took over room 011 prior to the pandemic, and 021 ceased to be used as a meeting space.<ref><nowiki>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7qeR2kDRl4</nowiki></ref> | |||
=== MPR === | |||
The central part of the first floor is taken up by a large multi-purpose room (MPR). House team named it the "Great Hall" in 2023 to play into the building's Hogwarts associations. The room was originally the dining room for the building. | |||
=== Piano Parlor === | |||
Cushing's primary parlor is at the east end of the building, near the entrances. [[Outing Club]] meets in the Piano Parlor on Wednesday's at 9pm. | |||
=== Ping Pong Parlor === | |||
Cushing has a second parlor at the west end of the building. It is typically known as the Ping Pong Parlor or the "Farlor". | |||
=== Dormitories === | |||
Cushing house has a mix of singles and doubles. Because all dormitories were intended to be singles, the doubles are known for being very cramped. | |||
== References == | |||
[[Category:Dorms]] | [[Category:Dorms]] | ||