Skinner Hall
Skinner Hall, officially the Belle Skinner Hall of Music, is an academic building located at the southern part of Main Campus. Skinner houses the Music Department and the George Sherman Dickinson Music Library. The building opened June 7, 1931, and is named after Belle Skinner, class of 1887.[1] Prior to the construction of Skinner, the Music Department had been located in Avery Hall.
Contents
Basement
First Floor
Recital Hall
The northwestern side of the building is taken up by the Mary Anna Fox Martel Recital Hall, where the music department hosts concerts.
Practice Rooms
The southeastern side of every floor of Skinner houses practice rooms (21 in total) for use by students. Each one of these is equipped with a Steinway Grand Piano.[2]
Second Floor
Music Library
Third Floor
Electronic Music Studio
Fourth Floor
Thekla Hall
Thekla Hall (pronounced Tekla) is a smaller concert space and classroom located above the Recital Hall.